Tuesday 12 March 2013

Julie: cardmaking with Lost Coast Designs

Hello again.
 
One of the things I really like about browsing the 3DJean shop is that I know Jean will have found something to stock that I otherwise wouldn't see in my regular crafty shopping places. Partly because she seeks out products from international suppliers ... and also because, like me, she likes things that are a bit 'different'.
 
The most recent thing which caught my eye was the 'Time Flies' stamp from Lost Coast Designs which I made the focal point of this collage-style card:
I love designs which have interesting heads and faces - which is the main reason I fell for this character:
It's not one which takes a great deal of careful colouring-in either. After stamping it on to an ever-so-slightly patterned paper - I just gave it a quick scribble with some coloured pens to bring it to life a little.
 
On the original design the 'Tempus Fugit' [time flies] title is attached just beneath the image but, as I so often do with designs that have more than one element, I snipped them apart to give me the option of stamping with or without the wording. Then I added the title separately:
If you like something a little bit out-of-the-ordinary in your stamping too then make sure to browse the Lost Coast designs
-------------------------------------------
 
If you haven't checked out the shop in a while there's a new Infocrea paper collection just added - which is really bright and colourful [no, truly, I mean reeeeaaaalllly bright + colourful!] and definitely a style I haven't seen for a while n scrapbooking. 
 
I've already made a mini album and a magazine project using them and ... while you may not think it on first glance ... the various colours included in the set really do mix well with bright papers form other ranges too. They're all here if you want a look, and they're double-sided too so make sure to click through to see the reverse of each.
 
OK, I hope you haven't been snowed-in this week but if you have ... I hope you have your craft supplies nearby!
 
See you next time.
 
Julie :-)
 
p.s: did you know that 3DJean now has a Facebook page? Because it does!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails