Wednesday 30 January 2013

Julie: Scrapbooking with speech bubbles


Hello again.

When you buy the 'Party Puffin' stamp from Alice Palace Designs then the Party Puffin him/herself comes like this, complete with speech bubble attached:

Party Puffin rubber stamp by Alice Palace

And yet, as cute as this is ... I reeeeallllly like speech bubbles and wanted to be able to use it independently of the bird image and so ...

... with the aid of a sharp pair of craft scissors I carefully separated the two making both stamps just that bit more versatile than before.  
 
And here's how I've put the newly freed speech bubble to use, on this scrapbook page:
For this page I stamped 3 of the bubbles on to various patterned papers and dotted them around on 3D foam pads:
For future pages I'll definitely use the speech bubbles to ... wait for it .... add some speech! But here I thought it would be fun just to use them as mini frames:
... into which I stamped words and shapes [from my own stamp stash]:
So next time you spot a multi-part stamp design why not see if it's worth snipping one element free to get two for the price of one?

Thanks for dropping in today.

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Julie...I've done that with stamps as well...love the LO!
    Kirsti xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I did it too, not used it yet though

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails