Tuesday 4 September 2012

Julie: scrappy, collage style cards

Hello again.
 
When Jean showed me the 'Notebooks of the Herboriste' range of patterned papers I knew they'd find their way into my crafting straight away.
 
I'm a little bit pattern-obsessed and the mix of florals, ledgers, text print, and geometrics within the range made this set of 6 double-sided sheets a little bit irresistible.
 
So far I've created two layouts - one was my previous Design Team project here and a second which I've shared on my blog here- and several cards. Then, with some of the scraps left over from these, I made this ...
...and this:
Both were very simple to put together and were made on a tray, on my lap in front of the TV. Nothing was measured or cut accurately with a craft knife, rather, the papers were snipped to size, the edges distressed with scissors and embellishments clustered together in a relaxed, casual approach.

Here I used seam binding, a button and decorative pins in colours which pulled out some of the shades in the paper:
... and the same again here:
And with 12 designs [over 6 sheets] to choose from, I think there'll be quite a few more scrappy, patchworky, collage-style cards to be made from this range.
 
Thanks for dropping by here today, Ill be back with more projects ina few weeks' time.
 
Julie :-)

1 comment:

  1. Loely cards Julie. I'd never have thought of doing collage style cards. Well done for originality

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails