Tuesday 4 October 2011

Julie: Working chipboard and vintage items into a scrapbook page.

Hello there.

My project today is a scrapbook page featuring several embellishments and interesting vintage-themed items all available in the shop at the moment. For a full list of supplies just leap down to the bottom of my post.

Here's my page which tells the story of an old sign I spotted in Beamish which made me laugh [I've blogged more about the story behind it on my own blog today if you'd like to hear more!].

I began by layering up strips of patterned paper onto a patterned paper backdrop. Yes, I like patterns!

Next I added the illustrations and the snippets of wording all of which were taken from one of the vintage comic books Jean stocks. Finding appropriate images and words is one of my all time favourite ways to add to the story I'm telling on my page:
 
For more texture I covered two of the chipboard stars from Collections Elements with a mix of paint splodges, ink splatters and scraps of text from a Chinese newspaper.
Also in the top left of the photo above you can just make out the vintage food label I tucked behind my photo to add colour, shape and interest and to help make my photograph stand out.

The date is written on one of the labels from the Vintage Labels CD [which I printed off following the printing tutorial I blogged here].

For a little embellishment cluster at the top I layered scraps of paper with a chipboard frame from the Collections Elements micro-book pack which I'd added white paint and splashes of ink to:
I like my pages to have a lot going on, so the eye has somewhere to land on right across the page. I like to think there's not too much going on that it feels too busy though ... which is why I like to cluster my items together and leave at least a little so called 'white space' here and there!

 Here are the 3DJean supplies I used on this page:
InLinkz.com

That's all from me for another few weeks, as always, just leave us a comment if you'd like us to drop by and visit any of the projects you've made from 3DJean items.

Until next time, happy crafting to you!

Julie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails