Tuesday 13 September 2011

Julie: Ideas for The Octopode Factory stamps

Hello again.

My project today features an alternative interpretation of the Octopode Factory's 'Ghost' stamp becasue, rather than create a Halloween themed card with it, I've made something altogether prettier, frillier, and less spooky ....
As I so often do, when stamped this cutie on to a light coloured but patterned paper as I don't really feel inspired when I stamp directly on to plain white cardstock. I then added a little bit of colour to the girly-ghost using ProMarkers:
The backing designs to all 4 cards are from the same double-sided sheet of Studio2Mers paper which is pink and purple toned on one side with shades of coral and red on the reverse. The black flourish design paper [above] is from Collections Elements:
I added a rose cabochon for extra feminine flair:
Once again, those Studio2Mers I've been using in my last few posts here, feature those lovely 'I can't believe it's a printed design' touches like the doodled buildings above and these abstract doodles below:

Supplies used:
If you'd like to see a few more images from these not-so-ghoulish ghost stamps, pop over to my blog today.

I hope, next time you see a stamp you like, but which you think is too themed to regularly use ... you'll look at it again and consider the alternatives. It's a great way to get the full value from one image.

I'll see you back here in 3 weeks .... or much sooner if you drop in on me.

Julie

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails