Friday 30 September 2011

All he wanted was a brain!

Better late than never I am here with my next piece as guest designer for September!
This time I've made a book using the Studio2Mers papers, the scarecrow stamp from The Octopode Factory and the Collections Elements Tiny alphabet
I used one of the papers to cover the covers of the book then stamped the scarecrow image onto a scrap of the paper, cut him out and added him to the cover.



To make him blend into the background paper I added some extra white dots around the stamped image. Next I used my sewing machine to stitch around the covers and then used the small card alphabet to add the quote.






For the pages inside the book I folded three of the Studio2Mers papers into a concertina type design, these are then attached together at one of the flat surfaces to give a bigger fold out piece. This is then glued between the two covers trappping pieces of ribbon that are used to tie the book closed.

Sue Roddis

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails