Tuesday 25 January 2011

Julie: 3 blog posts for the price of 1!

Hi there. How're you today?

I think I've actually seen the sun twice since we last met, so I can't complain really can I? Better still, I've taken delivery of some of the brand new Onirie papers Jean has begun to stock ... and that's made me very happy indeed!

I've changed my mind at least three times about what to share with you today ... so have decided to share bits of all three things rather than make a proper decision! Starting with some of those papers ...

Jean is currently stocking 4 different ranges of 12x12 papers from the French [hard-to-buy in the UK] brand Onirie .
3 out of the 4 ranges are double-sided and I personally have wored with 3 out of those 4 ranges! So I'm well placed to vouch for lots of wonderful sides of patterned paper there!
The lovely gridded backgrounds to both these layouts are from the 'Projet Toto' range: And while I think this next design has sold out already, there are still others in the range which feature those 'cute-in-a-good-way' sketchy, doodled characters:
I still have some of the range left including this amazingly atmospheric one [called 'Smearing']
Which is so striking you could almost just throw it into a frame and hang it as is! The other ranges are equally as stunning ... but are all quite different. Do go over and check them all out, if you're tired of the same-old-same-old ranges than Onirie might just be what you need to make you fall back in love with paper.

[Clearly that last line was just a joke ... I mean .. when did you ever fall out of love with paper??? I don't think such a thing it's possible ... is it?]. ;-)

Right then, let's move on to 'thing I wanted to share No.2'. The new ranges of Queen & Co. embellishments in stock now:

That perfect little Self Adhesive Gem in 'Snowflake' is seriously one of my favourite items right now! I'd love a pair of earrings like that, in fact ... oooh maybe I could actually turn them into earrings .... I'll make sure to let you know if I do!

Anyway ... I've blogged more images of the cards I've made, which feature the gems, over on my blog today here. While you're there you can have a look at the free class I'm holding there for the next few weeks - which is all about how to use Twittter - and you're most welcome to join in!

I've made a vintage-style title images for each of the lessons throughout the 3 week course and all of the bird images I used came from the 3DJean 'Vintage Labels' Image CD which is in stock now: I've been teaching myself how to use a free image editing software called GIMP which is how I managed to take the original images from the CD and adapt them to give my class a very specific bird-themed look and feel! So don't just think you have to print out the images form your Image CDs - they may have a purely digital use which you'd not thought of.

[But don't forget my 'printing from Image CDs tutorial' if you actually DO want to print out!].

OK then, that's enough from me for one day ... you've got new stash to browse and a Twitter class to contemplate joining in with!

I'll see you around.

Julie

2 comments:

  1. I thought your tutorial on using images from the CDs was so useful thank you. When you have learned how to use GIMP can you pass that on too? lol! I would love to have a go at digital art but haven't a clue where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan - I'm so pleased it was useful to you!

    As for GIMP - it's certainly taking some getting used to - give me a few more weeks and I'll put it on my list of things to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails