Tuesday 20 July 2010

Julie: Cards using 'Sweet Pea' stamps

Hi all, How's things?

Today I've got some cards to share with you that I recently made after attending my local crop, but first ...

...at the risk of making you all green with envy I feel I should mention that while I'm at the crop not only do I get to browse and fondle items from the 3DJean shop - in person- I also sit close enough to Effie that I get first dibs on anything she's throwing away!

Both of which facts lead to how these cards got made in the first place! Let me explain : I got to play with some of the newest additions to the 3DJean.co.uk stamp section just as they went on sale in the shop. These are my cards featuring the new 'Silk Dance' stamp from Sweet Pea designs: I coloured in the stamped image using ProMarkers, not always using especially 'natural' colour ways, which seems to work well with the fantasy feel of the designs. Here I built up three stamped images using a mask:The backing papers used on all of these cards are actually off cuts from Effie. They're papers which she'd handcreated, turned into a journal for herself and then donated the leftovers to me at the crop!

[Please don't hate me just because I'm lucky - maybe just pester Jean to start stocking them for you instead!].I used an EK Success binder edge border punch to help with the feeling I wanted to create on these cards - which was something like 'daydreaming and doodling in your school folders'!

Which is also why I stamped my images directly onto notebook paper:
I also added to that feel with the birdy paper clips I found in my office drawers!
My final touches were ribbons and sentiment stickers which I placed inside a Purple Onion 'Labelers' stamp available in a set of four in the shop:So, that's the 'Silk Dance' Sweet Pea stamp for you .... if you'd like to see some examples using the 'Misty Reflection' design hop over to this post on my blog right now!

See you over there. Race you ....

Julie :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie!!!! These are just gorgeous & sooo different too! I love that you have stamped on notebook paper...never would have thought about that! So many lovely ideas here, thank you XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab stuff and the stamps are really great. Lucky you to have all those fab offcuts from Effie too, you made great use of them !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails