Friday 7 May 2010

Let Love Soar ...

I like the colour red, such a happy colour and it just happens to be the feature colour of my bedroom and ensuite bathroom and I also just happened to have a space on a wall that needed filling with something suitably red :)

So, I riffled through the drawers in my craft room and pulled out a few bits and pieces - red paint, a paper doily, a few pots of shimmerz paint, some dewdrops (in red of course), a mini canvas and a valentined themed tissue image sheet and got to work


I started by painting the canvas with paint and then shimmerz paint, I added the doily and used more of the shimmerz paint and spray over the top and when it was dry I distressed it slightly with charcoal chalk ink. I glued a line of red dew drops all around the edges of the canvas, trimmed around one of the elements from the image sheet and added some word snips that I printed from my computer


The wings for my creation came from a digital kit I had on my computer and I sprayed them with two colours of Shimmerz spray and added some golden threads to give them more definition and a hanging loop and my project was finished




Love from Andrea

4 comments:

  1. That is fab!... See it is nice on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab red art here, super wings !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gogeous little canvas I can see that these are becoming quite addictive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awsome ickle canvas, i love the red :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails